Solar Panels for farms
With spiraling electricity costs burdening the profitability of farms up and down the country, many farmers are turning to solar power to reduce electricity bills and tap into the income stream that having solar panels unlocks.
Agricultural buildings are a perfect partner for solar panels. Many have 2 or 3 phase electricity supplies and barns with large, unshaded roofs. As many modern farm buildings have shallow pitches, even solar panels on north-facing roofs can give good returns.
At Solar Roof Solutions we have extensive experience of designing, planning and installing solar PV systems on agricultural farm buildings. Understanding your needs, we will manage the whole project and present you will a fully commissioned system which will start saving you money off your electricity bill from day one.
We offer a full installation service which includes design, installation, DNO application, planning application (if applicable) and full commissioning.
BENEFITS OF SOLAR PANELS
- Reduce your electricity bills as you generate
- Tax-free payments for whatever you produce
- Protect yourself from future energy price rises
- Export Tariff - sell unused, green electricity
- Government guaranteed payments
- Index linked payments
- Reduce your carbon footprint
- Utilise other energy saving devices to save even more money
- Low maintenance
- Predictable generation - so you can see what you could generate
- We can design a system to suit your budget or roof space